It’s time to remember some of the things that have made me smile this week but first I wanted to write about the Snowflake Shimmer Quilt Along that is hosted by Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl. This is a free quilt along that Yvonne is hosting based on photos her husband takes of snowflakes. I figured since I live in Colorado I should have a snowflake quilt so I decided to play along. Cheryl’s sample is all solids so I thought I would try that out. I’ve never done a quilt in all solids so this is new territory for me.
These are the fabrics I decided to go with for the Snowflake Quilt. This last spring in Colorado, we had a heavy snowstorm where there was so much water in the snow that you could see an aqua colored tint in the snow when you moved it with a shovel. These colors reminded me of that so I thought they would be a perfect choice.
I’m also linking up with Amanda at Gypsy Moon Quilt Co so I can share the 5 things that made me smile this week. I really enjoy doing this, it makes me take a moment to think about the good things in my life, appreciate the little things and use my camera more. All good things!
- Having a weekend where I did absolutely nothing except go to the grocery store and watching HGTV.
- Listening to thunder as I fall asleep.
- Talking with friends about fun vacations.
- Long talks on the phone with mom.
- Being so prepared that I was able to take my lunch to work every day this week so I didn’t have to buy lunch.