Am I alone in finding it very satisfying to square up blocks? This lovely pile of snips comes from piecing and trimming the square in a square blocks from the first set of piecing instructions for the Snowflake Shimmer QAL hosted by Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl.
After trimming, the blocks are 8 1/2″ square. The directions also called for piecing the 8 1/2″ x WOF fabric strips together. I completed that step but didn’t photograph that. I am linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl for the 3rd linkup for this quilt along.
It is also time for 5 things Friday!!! Amanda at Gypsy Moon Quilt Co. is the most gracious of hosts every Friday for the 5 things Friday link up. All you have to do is come up with a list of 5 things that made you smile during the last week and it’s up to you if you want to include photos or not. I love doing this every week as it really makes you stop and think and capture the small things or the big things that happen every day.
I didn’t take many photos this week but here is the list of things that made me smile…
- Early morning hikes along the Front Range before the heat settles in for the day
- Planning a birthday celebration for your 79 year old father
- Sunday afternoon visits with fun friends
- Turning off the air conditioner in the car in favor of rolling down the windows
- Looking at real estate online in places where you will never move to
Have a lovely weekend!