Thank you, thank you, thank you to Sola from Alice Samuel’s Quilt Co. for nominating Quilt’n Party for this award. It’s so wonderful to be recognized for the work that I have been putting into the blog. Please make sure to visit Sola’s blog. She strikes a wonderful balance of posting useful, informational posts about the different steps of quilting as well as the projects that she is working on. Her work is unique and all her own and I find her to be so inspiring considering she only started quilting in 2012 with no previous knowledge of the process. Thank you again Sola, it means so much that you have enjoyed my blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the image of the award on your post.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
7 facts about me…
- September is my favorite month, Indian Summer in Colorado is the perfect time of year.
- I check the Did you know… and On this day… section of Wikipedia every single day. I have a brain full of information that is really only good for Jeopardy.
- Doctor Zhivago starring Omar Shariff is one of my favorite movies and I can’t get through the first 5 minutes without breaking out in tears. When I need a good cry it’s my go to movie.
- I was a Candy Striper at a local hospital (pink and white pinafore and white shoes) one summer when I was 14. I absolutely hated it.
- I love to cook for friends and family and have been encouraged to open a restaurant of my own, but the truth is I’m way too lazy because I understand the amount of work and dedication it would take.
- I taught myself to knit in high school because I saw a pattern for a fair isle afghan that I fell in love with. I figured out how to knit, made the afghan and I have never picked up knitting needles again. I didn’t find it all that difficult, it just didn’t satisfy that thing in my brain that makes me all zen when creating. Quilting does that for me.
- I have no problem being alone and feel refreshed after alone time. A couple times a month I take myself to breakfast on a Saturday or Sunday morning. I read or catch up on blogs while enjoying my eggs and coffee.
Finally, I’m supposed to choose up to 15 blogs to nominate for the One Lovely Blog award. But the truth is I am having a hard time doing that because I appreciate every single blogger that I follow, or that comments on my blog. I find inspiration in every single one of you and I always want that to continue. As far as I’m concerned, if you’re reading this and you’re also a blogger, know that I have officially nominated YOU and your blog!