When Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs announced that she was hosting a Linky Party for the best of 2016 I immediately started thinking about my favorite posts this year. Each one of these favorite posts has a special reason for being a favorite for me as I’ll explain below.
- Midnight Mystery It’s a funny coincidence that this quilt along, hosted by Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs is in my Best of 2016. This was the very first time I ever did a Mystery Quilt and I really enjoyed it. I loved how the red seems to be the background color in the quilt. As much as I like this quilt I gifted it to a dear friend’s mom who is going through chemo treatments for glaucoma. Red is her favorite color and I thought it would give her some comfort. I also love this post because that little peanut dog of mine is in it.
2. Red and White Log Cabin Look at that, more red. I love red and I love this quilt. This quilt is special to me because a friend gave me these log cabin blocks years ago, to do with as I wished. My friend Cynthia made these block 30 years ago and they were in pristine condition. I love this post because I was pretty darn proud of my use of a hay bale as a quilt prop. When you’re photographing alone it’s hard to find a place to display the quilt.
3. Patchwork Pumpkins So, we’re moving away from the red for a bit. This post was the first time I posted a tutorial that was more than a 12″ block for a blog hop. I was pretty nervous about putting this out there but thankfully I received good feedback about it.
4. Chasing Chevrons I chose this post for a few reasons. The first, is this quilt was in my WIP pile for a lonnnnnnnnggggggg time. It was nice to get this one checked off. Second, I really love this quilt, I’ve been thinking about making another one. I also love this post because it reminds me of a great day I spent in South Park on a gorgeous autumn day in September.
5. Hungarian Posies And we’re back to red. My last post for the Best of 2016 is my post about my Hungarian Posies block appearing in Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks Volume 14. I was thrilled to find out my block was chosen and I was so appreciative of all the positive feedback I received. The experience has encouraged me to move forward with future patterns/ tutorials that I hope to share.
I hope you enjoyed reviewing my Best of 2016 with me. I hope 2017 brings us all lots of wonderful things!