Today is my day on the Island Batik Four Seasons Blog Hop. I hope you have been enjoying all the projects created by the ambassadors in the fabrics representing the four seasons. For my project I was assigned the Morning Sunshine fabric from Island Batik. The collection is filled with sunflowers, mountains and birch trees in bright, springy colors. You can find more information about Morning Sunshine at the Island Batik website by clicking here. The collection will be available in stores April 2018.
Because this collection is made up of so many large prints I wanted to do something that would off those big prints.
The colors are so bright, intense and pretty in this collection. I used the sunflower print on the back and a yellow, dot print for the binding.
Now for exciting news! I am giving away this Island Batik Alpine Ice Strip Pack, 2 yards of coordinating fabric and a spool of Superior Thread to one very lucky follower. All you need to do is leave a comment on this post about your favorite season to sew for and for an extra chance, you can visit the Quilt’n Party Facebook page. Be suer to click on the Rafflecopter link above to register your entry. The giveaway
will close January 20 is closed.
Don’t forget to visit the other Island Batik Ambassadors blogs to see their Four Seasons projects…
Week of January 8 – Winter
- January 8 – Blue Moon – Inquiring Quilter, Cheryl Lynch
- January 9 – Mountain’s Majesty – FunThreads Designs, Little Bunny Quilts, Sophie Junction, Quilting Affection Designs
- January 10 – Alpine Ice – Freemotion by the River, Slice of Pi Quilts
- January 11 – Alpine Jingle – Purrfect Spots Designs, Bejeweled Quilts
Week of January 15 – Spring
- January 15 – Elementz – Den syende himmel, Inspired Layers
- January 16 – Southern Blooms – Yellow Cat Quilt Designs, Sally’s Quilting Corner
- January 17 – Morning Sunshine – Quilt’n Party, Desert Bloom Quilting
- January 18 – Season’s Shades – Inchworm Fabrics, Kauffman Designs
Week of January 22 – Summer
- January 22 – Paisley Dot – Pamela Quilts, Seams Like a Dream
- January 23 – Sunflower Serenade – Kathys Kwilts and More, Whispers of Yore
- January 24 – City Culture 2 – Mary Mack Made Mine, heARTs Creations,
- January 25 – The Quilt Rambler, Lizard Creek Quilts
Week of January 29 – Fall