This is what a pile of 100 blocks looks like. Last week I posted the last block for the Kinship Sampler quilt along. Since then there’s been a bit of a void. No hustling to get the blocks done so I can stay on schedule. Just like that it’s over.
I wasn’t really sure how I was going to use the blocks when it came time for assembly. I was always partial to the Plaid layout in the pattern. So I decided to go with that and arrange the blocks in the closest I could get to a rainbow. However, there were not enough of the larger blocks for me to the 10 rows that the pattern showed. Because of this, I made 9 rows and I turned the whole thing on it’s side.
Here’s the finished result of turning the quilt on it’s side. I think it works. I added borders in the same white, sashing fabric. This quilt is now in the hands of my favorite long arm quilter. She won’t be able to get it back to me till nearly Thanksgiving. We’ve tentatively agreed on a curvy all over pattern to soften all the strong geometric blocks. I can’t wait to get this one back!