How do you make yarn Modge podge eggs?
These String Easter Eggs were messy, which the kiddo loved, but relatively simple to create. The process is simple; blow up a balloon into an egg shape, cover string in Mod Podge, and wrap around the balloon. Let the egg dry then pop the balloon!
How do you make Modge podge Easter egg string?
What to Do:
- Blow up your balloons with air (not water!). …
- Mix equal parts Mod Podge and water into a disposable container (I just used an old plastic bowl. …
- Carefully coil the string into the Mod Podge mixture. …
- Let the string soak for a minute or two, then grab one end and start wrapping the string around the balloon.
How do you make egg balloons?
- Inflate balloons using your Balloon Time Helium Tank and temporarily tie a loose knot to the tail so they don’t slip away.
- Flip your balloon over so it looks like an egg shape, and use your paintbrush and acrylic paint to paint your favorite Easter egg designs on them.
How do you make homemade egg?
Mix 1/2 cup boiling water, 1 teaspoon vinegar and 10 to 20 drops food color in a cup to achieve desired colors. Repeat for each color. Dip hard-cooked eggs in dye for about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon, wire egg holder or tongs to add and remove eggs from dye.
How do you make sugar Easter egg strings?
- Blow up a balloon to the size you want your egg or basket. …
- Wrap the colored crochet cotton around the balloon. …
- Mix ½ cup of warm water with 1 cup of sugar. …
- Put the string-wrapped balloon into the sugar water mixture until it is completely wet. …
- Hang the balloon to dry over the sink or outside.
Can I use Mod Podge on yarn?
We started by wrapping our cardboard cone in plastic wrap. Then we began wrapping the yarn around the cone, applying Mod Podge with a paint brush to get the yarn to stay in place. … The entire time, we used the brush to apply a very liberal coat of Mod Podge to the yarn. We let the tree dry overnight.
How do you make glue yarn balls?
Make a mixture of glue and water (avoid making it too watery).
- Slightly blow up one 5 inch round balloon.
- Pull out a big bunch of yarn from the yarn ball itself. …
- Begin wrapping the wet yarn around the small balloon. …
- Once you have covered up a good majority of the balloon, cut off the yarn and tuck the end under.
How do you make glue Easter eggs with yarn?
Mix 2 parts glue to 1 part water. For 6 eggs, I used around 4 oz. glue, just to give you an idea how much you’ll need.
- Water Balloons.
- Yarn & Scissors.
- Glue (just general purpose, it doesn’t need to be anything fancy)
- Newspaper for your work surface.
- Bowl for your glue mix – something disposable is easiest!
How do you make paper mache eggs without a balloon?
Plastic, vinyl and latex are good choices.
- Mix 1 cup water,1 cup of flour and 2 tablespoons of table salt until the mixture is smooth. …
- Tear newspaper into 1-inch wide strips. …
- Crumple the newspaper into two balls that are approximately the same size. …
- Cover each newspaper ball loosely with a plastic bag.
How do you hang plastic eggs?
Poke a little hole in the end of one half of each egg and thread through a string or ribbon. Tie a knot in one end of the string and put the two egg halves back together and hang from branches.