How do I use my Sears Kenmore 158 sewing machine?
Kenmore Model 158 Sewing Machine Instructions
- Rotate the hand wheel on the right side of the sewing machine until the needle is at its highest point. …
- Place a spool of thread on the thread spindle on top of the sewing machine. …
- Place the bobbin back into the bobbin shuttle. …
- Pull 2 feet of thread from the spool on top of the sewing machine.
How much is a Kenmore sewing machine model 158?
Model 158. 1561281 Tested And Works. 3.5 out of 5 stars. Trending at C $90.73.
Are old Kenmore sewing machines good?
You can find the Model 117 Kenmore on eBay and in antique shops. Many of these older machines still function perfectly and can handle your basic sewing needs. According to eBay sales history, expect to pay between $150 and $300 for a Model 117 Kenmore sewing machine in good working condition.
What model is my Kenmore sewing machine?
Kenmore sewing machine model numbers start with three digits. For example 117, 148, 158 or 385. This number is the manufacturer of the machine. After this prefix is the model number of the machine.
How do you fix a bobbin?
How to Fix Bobbin Thread Bunching and Other Threading Problems
- Thread the Machine Properly. Re-thread the upper part of the sewing machine making sure the thread is passing through every single thread guide on its way to the needle. …
- Change the Needle. …
- Inspect the Bobbin. …
- Clean the Machine.
How old is my Kenmore sewing machine?
The best way to find out when your Kenmore sewing machine was made, is to find the model number. For example, if your version says 117.101 then it was made in 1934. If it says 117.123 then it was made in 1939.