How much narrower should curtain lining be?
Your lining needs to be shorter and narrower than your main fabric. This is so that the main fabric will wrap around the back to create the return. The return is the border of fabric that you can see along each edge of the back of the curtain. Thermal lining should be cut 13cm (5⅛”) narrower than the main fabric.
How do you make lined rod pocket curtains?
Lay the curtain fabric and lining together, right sides together. Line up the top edge and one side edge. Sew the side edges together using a 1/2″ seam allowance. Keep the top edges lined up, and move the lining fabric over so that the other side edges line up.
How do you make lined grommet curtains?
Cut the lining width the same as the cut fabric width. Cut the lining length to the finished drape length plus 1/2 inch. For example, for a drape 32 inches wide and 50 inches long, cut the fabric 54 inches wide and 63 1/2 inches long; cut the lining to 54 inches wide and 50 1/2 inches long.
How do you measure for curtain lining?
Joining the lining and face fabric to make lined curtains
- First measure the total width of your face / curtain fabric. For our example curtains the measurement is 76″
- Then measure the total width of your lining fabric. Again, for our example curtains the measurement is 73″.
Does blackout lining need to be hemmed?
No you won’t need to hem them as blackout lining won’t fray, just lay them flat, pencil a line across the lining which should be at least 1” above curtain fabric and cut, done!
How much does it cost to hem curtains?
Curtain Hemming Cost
On average, expect to pay between $15 and $35 for unlined hems and abut $20 to $70 for curtains with lined hems.
How do you measure fabric for rod pocket curtains?
How to Measure: Rod Pocket Curtains
- Measure Length. Measure from the top of the curtain rod down to where you want the curtain to fall. …
- Measure Width. The curtain should measure double the width of the window for fullness.
- Styling Tip. The length of your curtain is a matter of personal preference.
How do you make lined drapery panels?
- Cut the Materials and Sew the Bottom Fabric Hem. Install your curtain rod, and hang the rings you’re going to use. …
- Sew the Bottom Hem of the Lining. …
- Sew the Lining and Fabric Together. …
- Press the Drape. …
- Fold the Raw Fabric Edges. …
- Measure for the Top Hem. …
- Stitch the Top Hem.
- Finish the Drape.
Can you reuse curtain grommets?
Traditional metal grommets also work well in curtains, but do require the use of some installation tools. … If the fabric is stretchy, you can “pull” it away from the grommet, but the hole will be slightly larger, and that grommet you removed is NOT reusable. You will have to have new grommets for replacements.
How do you make grommet holes?
Measure where you want the center of the grommet and mark the cloth with a pencil. Place the cloth on a piece of scrap wood. Center the hole punch on the mark and pound with a hammer, making a hole in the cloth. Install grommets on a hard surface that won’t be damaged by scrap wood or misplaced hammering.