All you need is half a yard of 45 inch wide fabric to sew an 18 inch pillow cover.
How much fabric do I need for a 18×18 pillow?
Sizing Up Fabric Needs for Pillow Covers
|Dimensions (Length by Width)||Amount of Fabric Needed for 1 Pillow Cover (Using 54-inch Wide Fabric with No Pattern Matching)|
|16 x 16 inches||1/2 yard|
|18 x 18 inches||5/8 yard|
|20 x 20 inches||3/4 yard|
|30 x 30 inches||1 yard|
How do you make an 18 inch pillow cover?
To make an envelope pillow cover for an 18×18 pillow form:
- Wash and dry your fabric (if it’s a natural fibre fabric) so it doesn’t shrink later on.
- You’ll need to cut two pieces of fabric, cut piece A 18×18 inches.
- Cut piece B 18×26 inches.
- Then cut piece B in half.
- Hem one side of each B piece (the longest side).
What size pillow goes in 18×18 cover?
For example if you have an 18×18 pillow cover, you’ll want to use a 20×20 insert. This will ensure that your pillow looks plump and luxurious. If the insert is too small, the pillow cover will look saggy.
How do you measure fabric for pillows?
Measure the dimensions of your pillow. To determine the size rectangle you’ll need, add 1 inch (2.5 cm) to the height for the seam allowance, and multiply the length by 2, then add 6 inches (15 cm). (For example, an 18-inch [45.5 cm] pillow insert would require a 19-by-42-inch [48.5 cm by 106.5 cm] rectangle.)
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
What is the best fabric for throw pillows?
There’s a good chance you’ll be able to find throw pillows in almost any fabric you can think of, but these are the most popular.
- Cotton. It’s durable, easy to wash and casual, making it an ideal choice for homes with young children or pets.
- Velvet. Velvet adds instant warmth to a space. …
- Fur/faux fur. …
- Linen. …
How do you make a trim with a pillow?
Part 3 of 3: Sewing the Trim into Place
- Pin the trim to the edges of the pillow. …
- Gather the trim at the corners of the pillow. …
- Sew along the edges of the trim to secure it on 1 side. …
- Repeat the same stitch on the opposite side if needed. …
- Overlap the ends of the trim.
How do you measure a pillow for a cover?
How to Measure Your Throw Pillow
- Step 1: Grasp the top and bottom corners of the pillow and pull the fabric tight.
- Step 2: Measure the pillow’s height, from top to bottom, along the edge of the pillow.
- Step 3: Grasp the left and right corners of the pillow and pull the fabric tight.
What size pillow goes in a 12×20 cover?
Size: 12×20 Inch pillow insert fit 12×20 inch pillow cover. Material: Covers are made by Non Woven Fabric. Non Woven Fabric is breathable. Filler is made by high quality polyester.
|Product Dimensions||20 x 12 x 2 inches|
|Customer Reviews||4.2 out of 5 stars 509 ratings 4.2 out of 5 stars|
What size pillow goes in a 20×20 cover?
For a luxurious and full looking pillow, choose inserts that are 1 to 4 inches larger than the cover that you’ll be using (see below). Usually the larger the cover, the greater the difference between the cover and insert that’s required for a full look. Our most popular insert size is 22×22 (for use with 20×20 covers).
Is a pillow insert a pillow?
Throw Pillow Inserts and Pillow Forms. … Also referred to as pillow forms, all our polyfill inserts are made from 100% new material and are hypoallergenic. For a firmer, plumper pillow we recommend buying a pillow insert one size larger than the pillow cover (for example, an 18″x18″ insert in a 17″x17″ cover).
What is the standard size of a throw pillow?
The most common throw pillow sizes for sofas are 18″ x 18″ and 20″ x 20″. However, larger sofas and sectionals, especially those with deep seats or high backs, may be better off with 22″ x 22″, or even 24″ x 24″ pillows.
How do I calculate how much fabric I need?
Figure out how much fabric you need with this formula:
- Width of fabric divided by width of one piece equals the number of pieces that fit into width (rounded down to the whole number).
- Total number of pieces divided by number of pieces that fit into width equals number of rows you need.
What size fabric do I need for a 16 inch pillow?
If you are using a square pillow, here are some quick measurements for you to cut your fabric: 16″ pillow: Cut the fabric 16″ x 36″; 17″ pillow: Cut the fabric 17″ x 38″; 18″ pillow: Cut the fabric 18″ x 40″.