The foot controller was pressed (or the start/stop button was pressed if the foot controller is not connected) and the reverse/reinforcement stitch button was pressed while the presser foot is raised. Lower the presser foot lever before continuing the operation.
How do I fix E1 error on my Brother sewing machine?
Q: How to fix E1 error message? A: Lower the presser foot lever before continuing operation. If the error message has not disappeared, press the stitch selection key while the error message is displayed.
How do I fix my Brother sewing machine that won’t sew?
Machine is not sewing any stitches while trying to sew
- The machines top thread may not be threaded correctly. …
- Make sure the needle thread is behind the needle bar thread guide on the needle bar.
- The thread may be knotted or tangled. …
- The thread may be too thick for the needle. …
- Check that the upper thread tension is not too tight.
How do I fix E4 on my Brother sewing machine?
“E4” error message
- The message E4 will appear if the bobbin winder shaft was moved to the right when you pressed the Reverse button or Needle Position button.
- To clear the message move the bobbin winder shaft to the left before continuing the operation.
How do I reset my Brother sewing machine?
Reset Your Brother Machine
- Press [Settings]>[All Settings]>[Initial Setup]>[Reset]. If your machine displays the [All Settings] menu on the Home screen, skip the [Settings] menu.
- Swipe up or down or press or to display the type of reset functions, and then press the reset function you want to use. …
- [Machine will reboot after resetting. …
- Press .
What does Error 6 mean on a Brother sewing machine?
This message is displayed when the motor locks up due to the problem such as a thread tangle or other reasons.
What should the tension be on a Brother sewing machine?
The standard tension setting is 4. Start with this, and based on what your test stitching looks like, tighten the tension (below 4) or loosen it (above 4). Typically on Brother machines, to loosen the upper thread tension, turn the dial left. To tighten it, turn the dial right (source).
Where do I put oil in my Brother sewing machine?
Too much oil may drip onto sewing project. Put a drop of oil onto the hook once a day before use. Apply one drop of oil on the lower needle bar above the felt washer every 40 – 50 hours of sewing time. Apply only sewing machine oil.
Why is My Brother sewing machine sewing in reverse?
The reverse button may be stuck in the reverse position. … Make sure you are holding down the button while sewing 3-5 stitches. If you do not hold the button down while sewing reinforcement stitches, the needle will sew in the same place.
What does F4 mean on a Brother sewing machine?
Error code F04 or F4 indicates there is a problem with the unit and recommends the unit to be serviced. Brother Authorized Service Center Locator.
How do I fix the error code F4 on my Brother sewing machine?
Q: How to fix F4 error message? A: Plug in the foot controller jack if it’s disconnected. If the foot controller jack appears damaged, replace it. Replace the foot controller if it’s defective.
What does it mean to lower the presser foot lever?
Lower the presser foot lever manually to lower the presser foot. (1) Presser foot lever. Alarm Sounds. If the operation procedure was correct, the machine will beep once. If the operation procedure was incorrect, the machine will beep twice or four times.
What is the meaning of presser foot lever?
A presser foot is an attachment used with sewing machines to hold fabric flat as it is fed through the machine and stitched. … A presser foot keeps the fabric flat so that it does not rise and fall with the needle and pucker as it is stitched.
What is the use of the presser foot lever?
It’s the part of the machine that pulls the thread from the spool to feed it through the machine and lifts the thread back up out of the cloth after a stitch has been made. Simply put, it’s the part that goes “up and down” as you sew.